Like Nowhere Else on Earth
You’re about to embark on one of the biggest adventures of your life. It’s far from an ordinary day — and that’s why you deserve an extraordinary celebration in one of the world’s most iconic destinations.
Imagine saying your vows overlooking the canyons and forest, or surrounded by redwoods. Enjoying a sunset reception or dinner under a canopied arbor. And dancing under the stars to celebrate your new adventure together.
Every couple wants an unforgettable place to say “I do,” and Ventana rises to the occasion. Sur Vista is a beautiful terrace overlooking the expanse of Big Sur. The Redwood Circle of Life is a small, protected area encircled by majestic trees — just right for exchanging vows. And the rolling meadows and enveloping canopy of the Redwood Cathedral are both rustic and romantic.
When the reception begins, the new 7,000-square-foot Ocean Meadow Lawn awaits. Perfect for ceremonies as well, it overlooks the fabled backdrop of the Central California coastline, with the ocean on one side and a stunning redwood forest on the other. There’s simply no place like it on Earth.
With space for up to 200 guests, it is the premier setting for your special day and can be tented if desired — allowing for year-round events. Attendees can revel around cozy fire pits and relax in Adirondack chairs, all while noshing on the creative and delectable coastal cuisine of Executive Chef Paul Corsentino. And even in the middle of Big Sur, Ventana’s intimate setting will create an exclusive and private feel for weddings of all sizes.
- Ocean Meadow Lawn — Framed by both the ocean and forest, this new 7,000-square-foot expanse is an awe-inspiring setting for events of up to 200 guests. With cozy fire pits and relaxing Adirondack chairs, even large gatherings feel intimate and exclusive.
- The Loft — Newly renovated, this meeting room can accommodate up to 60 people.
- Sur Vista — A beautiful terrace overlooking the ocean and coast, this natural setting is ideal for any ceremony.
- Sky Terrace — A uniquely Ventana take on the "Chef's Table" — in fact, the table itself, as well as the chairs, were hand-produced by our on-property artisans using reclaimed redwood. The elevated and secluded space offers spectacular ocean, meadow and redwood views. And you and your guests will enjoy bespoke meals prepared personally by our chef.
- The Sur House Terrace & Bar — A large outdoor terrace at our signature restaurant, available for private-dining events, gives you the best in coastal cuisine and a prime vantage point to where the horizon meets the sea.
- Organic Garden — A unique venue offering a powerful connection to the Earth and nature’s bounty. Under the stewardship of our executive chef, this garden produces intensely local ingredients for our coastal cuisine.
- Redwood Cathedral — An outdoor ceremony space perfect for exchanging vows. Surrounded by the natural cathedral of the redwoods.
- Redwood Circle of Life — One of nature’s perfect creations, these natural hundred-year-old redwoods provide a small, private, enchanting circle for a dramatic vow exchange, proposal spot or special event.