QUESTIONS, DIRECTIONS, RESORT INFORMATION
Ventana is a place of discovery — and that includes assisting those who would like to discover more about our iconic Big Sur resort. If you have questions about anything, from setting up spa treatments to planning a wedding to finding fine dining, please don’t hesitate to ask one of our onsite experts.
Ventana Big Sur
48123 Highway 1
Big Sur, CA 93920
Email: [email protected]
Directions to Ventana
From the North:
- Take Highway 101 south to Highway 156 in Prunedale.
- Take Highway 156 west to Highway 1 in Monterey.
- Follow Highway 1 south through Monterey and Carmel.
- Ventana is located 28 miles south of Carmel on the left side of Highway 1.
- Take Highway 280 south.
- Get on Highway 85 south.
- Take Highway 101 south toward Los Angeles.
- Take Highway 156 west to Monterey (Highway 1).
- Take Highway 1 south to Monterey and Carmel.
- Ventana is located 28 miles south of Carmel.
You also can take Highway 1 south all the way to Big Sur. This takes much, much longer, but is a beautiful drive.
From the South: temporary-access detour
Highway 1 is currently closed at Mud Creek, 32 miles south of Ventana. While Highway 1 is being repaired, a detour is available through Nacimiento-Fergusson Road. This mountainous road, while extremely picturesque, is single-lane and windy — we recommend only driving during daylight. North access is recommended during this temporary road closure.
For more detailed directions to Ventana, please call 831.667.2331.